What do we do?
Accelerate Estonia runs one-of-a-kind experiments with collaboration between the public and the private sector, in which we remove regulatory barriers so that new markets can be created for entrepreneurs and systemic challenges can be fixed for the government.
We help businesses understand market needs so that together we can find pain points in regulation and governance which need intervention so that creation of new markets can take place.
How do we do this?
We look for proven entrepreneurs who have a highly significant but currently impossible* business idea/solution to a problem that, if successful, would create a whole new market or market conditions around it.
*The solution is currently impossible to realize because of barriers in the regulations or governmental system built around the field of the solution.
We then help develop the idea in partnership with the entrepreneur and present it to the relevant public sector leaders in order to remove the systemic barriers and deliver a country scale experiment of this disruptive solution to provide validation for the idea.
What are we looking for?
- Solutions that turn global challenges into new market opportunities and develop significant economic opportunities for Estonia.
- Solutions that are blocked by systemic barriers, and need public sector intervention (e.g. regulatory, legal, trust).
- Businesses interested in creating a joint opportunity with Estonia’s public and private sectors, by running legal/policy/regulatory experiments as a country-scale pilot.
- Teams that are committed to the cause and in collaboration with Accelerate Estonia ready to dedicate their time to make their vision truly possible.
What do we offer?
- Validate your biggest assumptions with top-level government officials, legislators and decision makers. People that founders would never get to meet, not to mention work together with in other nations.
- After validating your solution with the public sector, Accelerate Estonia will become your representative in the Estonian public sector and contractually commit with the responsible ministry to change laws/create changes in the system so that your moonshot idea can be launched from Estonia.
- Having removed the barriers from your solution and opened the market for you (and others) we help you launch a country scale pilot on the back of which we open up new potential global markets for your solution with the help of our international partners through a coordinated go to market plan.
- The solution addresses global challenges and likewise creates global solutions and through this creates significant opportunities for Estonia.
- The product/service should be ready to meaningfully pilot the solution at a minimum, ideally on the market already. However it is heavily constrained by regulations/systemic barriers that need public sector intervention for its full potential.
- The business is at scaling/later stage or a corporate spin-off not at idea stage.
- We focus on B2B and B2C, not B2G business models.
- The team should be proven, well established and already committed to this solution.